- This event has passed.
Tapas and Sangria (SOLD OUT)
July 22, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The word tapa, meaning cover or lid, is thought to have originally referred to the complimentary plate of appetizers that many tascas (a frequented bar) would place on top of one’s wine glass – like a “cover.” Anything, however, served in small portions can be considered a tapa.
This specialty class offered by Classic Cooking Academy will introduce you to six classic Spanish tapas using fresh meat and fish, vegetables and cheeses – all of which will combine to deliver unmistakable flavors of the Mediterranean. While learning to prepare these small plates and dining buffet style with fellow attendees, quench your thirst with refreshing and colorful homemade white and red sangria (or beer, if that’s preferred).
Gambas Al Ajillo
(Sauteed Shrimp with Garlic and Spanish Paprika)
Albondigas in Chipotle Tomate Sauce
(Meatballs in Chipotle Tomato Sauce)
Tortilla De Patata & Cebolla
(Potato & Onion Omelet)
(Warm stuffed Tomatoes with Serrano Ham & Manchego Cheese)
Bunuelos De Chorizo
Mejillones En Manteguilla De Ajo
(Mussels in Garlic Butter)
- Class size is limited. Reservations are based on First Come-First Serve basis. Call (480) 502-0177 or write Info@CCAcademy.edu to register.
- Class begins with a complete demonstration and discussion by the Chef Instructor before students enter the professional kitchen to create tapas.
- $65 per person includes buffet-style meal of prepared food, sangria and beer. Attendees must be 21 years or older to drink the served wine or beer.
- This is a Specialty Class. No vouchers will be accepted. Cancellation must be made 72 hours in advance of class time.
- Gratuity is not included in the per-person fee. If you kindly wish to leave a tip, it will be split among all staff including the Chef Instructor, Server, Assistant and Dishwasher.
- Students will receive a full copy of all recipes for use at home.
- Please wear closed toe shoes and tie back all long hair.