- This event has passed.
BBQ & Grilling Class (SOLD OUT)
June 17 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Chef Instructor Barry Rosenberg brings his passion and knowledge for barbecuing and grilling to Classic Cooking Academy’s premiere course designed to make you the master of this more popular-than-ever cooking style. Barry will share his expertise on barbecue sauces- with an emphasis on Carolina style (vinegar based) and Kansas City style (a sweeter sauce)- along with a variety of rubs.
Special Class Feature
A representative of Huss Brewing Company, a local American craft beer enterprise owned by beer aficionados Jeff and Leah Huss, will be in attendance to pour craft beers selected from its popular series and brews. Huss Brewing craft beer will be available for purchasing by those attending this class.
Four Meats for Barbecuing or Grilling: Baby Back Ribs, Pork Shoulder, Chicken, Beef Brisket
- German Potato Salad
- Jicama Apple Slaw
- Grilled Corn with Queso & Herbs
- Grilled Seasoned Fennel, Peppers, Summer Squash and Onion
Dessert: Marinated Grilled Pineapple w/ Ice Cream
- Class is limited to 20 students. Reservations are based on First Come-First Serve basis. Call (480) 502-0177 or write Info@CCAcademy.edu to register.
- $70 per person (includes house wine and craft beer). This is a Specialty Class. No vouchers will be accepted. For fee refund, cancellation must be made 72 hours in advance of course time.
- Class begins with a complete demonstration and discussion by Chef Instructor Barry Rosenberg. Proper grilling and smoking techniques will be covered. One meat will be selected to handle from beginning of preparation to ready-to-serve completion. Class attendees will enter the kitchen to participate in the full meal creation – all to be served buffet style for attendees’ casual and lively dining.
- Wine, beer, soda and water will be served during the class. Attendees must be 21 years or older to drink the served wine or beer.
- Gratuity is not included in the per-person fee. If you wish to leave a tip, it will be split among all staff including the Chef Instructor, Server, Assistant and Dishwasher. Thank you.
- Students will receive a full copy of all recipes for use at home.
- Please wear closed toe shoes and tie back all long hair.