- This event has passed.
BBQ & Grilling Class (09/16/17)
September 16, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Chef Instructor Barry Rosenberg brings his passion and knowledge for barbecuing and grilling to Classic Cooking Academy’s premiere course designed to make you the master of this more popular-than-ever cooking style. Barry will share his expertise on barbecue sauces- with an emphasis on Carolina style (vinegar based) and Kansas City style (a sweeter sauce)- along with a variety of rubs.
Special Class Feature
A representative of SunUp Brewing Company, a local American craft beer enterprise will be in attendance to pour craft beers selected from its popular series and brews. SunUp Brewing Co. craft beer will be available for purchasing by those attending this class.
- Brined Chicken Leg and Thigh combo, smoked
- Brined Chicken Boneless Breast, grilled
- Brined Fish (Smoked Salmon & Smoked Mahi-Mahi with Pickled Veggies and Horseradish Sauce)
- Grilled Flat Iron Steaks
- Napa Salad
- Roasted Potatoes
- Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
- Pickled Veggies and Horseradish Sauce
- Watermelon Salad with Honey, Cardamon, and Jalapeno
- Class is limited to 25 students. Reservations are based on First Come-First Serve basis. Call (480) 502-0177 or write Info@CCAcademy.edu to register.
- $70 per person (includes house wine and craft beer). This is a Specialty Class. No vouchers will be accepted. For fee refund, cancellation must be made 72 hours in advance of course time.
- Class begins with a complete demonstration and discussion by Chef Instructor Barry Rosenberg. Proper grilling and smoking techniques will be covered. One meat will be selected to handle from beginning of preparation to ready-to-serve completion. Class attendees will enter the kitchen to participate in the full meal creation – all to be served buffet style for attendees’ casual and lively dining.
- Wine, beer, soda and water will be served during the class. Attendees must be 21 years or older to drink the served wine or beer.
- Gratuity is not included in the per-person fee. If you kindly wish to leave a tip, it will be split among all staff including the Chef Instructor, Server, Assistant and Dishwasher.
- Students will receive a full copy of all recipes for use at home.
- Please wear closed toe shoes and tie back all long hair.